Land Linking Resources
Thank you to all who attended our Land Linking event.
Farmers and landowners alike need resources that will link them together for mutual benefit. Farmers may find that the purchasing cost of land is prohibitive and is a major barrier to getting started. At the same time, many landowners have viable land they are not farming and which they would like to see put into productive use. When landowners partner with farmers, both parties reap the economic, environmental, and personal benefits.
Use this resource list to make connections that will help you lease your land or start your farm!
For Farmers or Landowners:
● Maryland FarmLINK: a land linking database in MD. Farmers can post if they are seeking land, and landowners can post about land they are hoping to lease or sell. This is an excellent resource for landowners looking to take their land to the next level of stewardship.
● Future Harvest CASA Bulletin Board: a place to post for both farmers and landowners to post "classifieds" regarding land sought or offered. Anyone may browse the listings; sign up as a member to post!
● Farm Lease Connection: an intensive land linking database in Pennsylvania. Farmers and landowners may both post and receive guidance.
● Agricultural Leasing in Maryland: read about farm leasing agreements in this publication from University of Maryland.
● Montgomery Countryside Alliance: an active resource that emphasizes conservation and stewardship as central to their decision-making
● Maryland Environmental Trust: MET provides a free online service that connects conservation buyers with properties under easement that are for sale
● Don't forget to contact your county Extension office for local information.
For Landowners Only:
● Beginner Farmer Training Program: an advanced training program for new farmers. Find farmers who are ready to start their farm enterprises, and reach out to them directly-- they may be interested in your land.
For Farmers Only:
● Power in Dirt and other Baltimore City programs: Find land in the city and start an urban farm.
● Watch this video on land linking by the Willistown Conservation Trust.
● Watch Farming for the Future, produced by the Prince Charitable Trusts.
- United Way of Central Maryland's Access to Healthy Food Initiative Regional Forum
September 17, 2014 (8:30 am - 11:00 am)
- Urban Agriculture Law Conference
September 19, 2014(7:00 am) - September 20, 2014 (8:00 am)
- Permaculture Design Certificate Course (First of 6 Weekends)
September 20, 2014(10:00 am) - September 22, 2014 (10:00 am)
Add new event