This annual event will take place on Monday, Feb. 19 (Presidents' Day) from 3 - 5 pm in Washington, D.C.
Farmers + Chefs + Beer = Good Business!
Here's what NPR had to say about the Farmer-Chef Happy Hour last year: http://tinyurl.com/farmerchef2018
Farmers and Chefs meet here, establish relationships and make real deals every year -- putting locally grown food on plates and in the pantries of the region's best restaurants.
These relationships often take time to develop -- several meetings and tastings over multiple months or longer -- but the results are worth it.
Producers, please note: because of space constraints, this year there will be no sample tables. Get out from behind your product and make some friends and contacts instead!
Here's how it works:
1. Fill this out!
2. You will get a confirmation in return (along with a few reminders as we lead up to the event).
3. You may bring up to one colleague, but you will only get one match card. Please indicate the name of your colleague in the line provided so we can include them in contact materials and provide them a drink ticket.
4. Let us know if there is anyone else you think we should invite (or you can forward them the link to this form. Remember, they have to fill out the RSVP to be on the list to enter. So do you!).
5. You show up at Bluejacket at 3 pm on February 19, 2018 (a federal holiday, so plenty of free parking and light traffic). Bring business cards and price lists or brochures if you'd like.
6. On Feb. 19 at 3 pm, we will give you beers and a match card identifying the people whom we think you would benefit from talking.
7. You drink and eat, be cheerful and friendly (it's a party!), and find your matches to say hello and talk business (we will have plenty of volunteers on hand to help you navigate the crowd). You are of course not limited to talking with your matches -- but it's a great start, and they will be looking for you, too.
8. You'll be done by 5:00 pm -- in time for an easy drive home, dinner on the town, or to get back to your restaurant before the dinner rush.
9. A couple of weeks later, we'll follow up with you to determine if we made a match!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org