We took a chance on a virtual conference and it turned out to be one of the most memorable experiences of our strange year. Straddling the end of a tumultuous season while on the precipice of a new one - filled with hope - we came together in one virtual world and remembered what it means to be a community.
The two keynoters inspired and schooled us, soberly reminding us of our role to feed and heal. To our surprise, connecting inside the virtual event platform felt warm - reminiscent of meeting in the hallways for a coffee break.
We welcome your feedback on the event and encourage you to continue using the virtual space as a resource for education and networking.
View the full conference program here.
- Keynote addresses from Tope Fajingbesi and Chris Newman
- Interactive Farmer Awards and cocktail/mocktail toast
- Expert-led, in-depth farming and food pre-conference intensives
- Live cooking demos and music
- Farmer-to-Farmer Roundtables and Clinics
- Customizable attendee profiles in virtual platform for networking
- Virtual Exhibit Hall
- Recorded sessions for later viewing
- Annual membership meeting
2021 Keynote Speakers:
Farmer, Author, Lecturer, Social Entrepreneur, and Accountant
2021 Farmer of the Foodshed Awards:
- Edwin Fry and the Fry Family of Fair Hill Farms, MD (Colchester Legacy Award)
- Eric and Lori Rice of Country Pleasures Farm and Willow Oaks Craft Cider and Wine, MD
- Renard and Chinette Turner of Vanguard Ranch, VA
- Heintz Thomet of Next Step Produce, MD
- Read more about our Farmer of the Foodshed Award Recipients HERE
2021 Photo Contest Winners:
Top row left to right: Grand Prize Winner: Holding on to Each Other by Erik Darm; Second Place: #BlackExcellence by Farmer Chippy (Richie Francis); Bottom row left to right: Third Place (Tie): My Flower Twin by Angela French and I Got it From My Momma by Maryn Jordan.