Love & Carrots is DC’s foremost urban farming and edible landscaping company. We design, install and maintain organic urban farms, vegetable gardens, and native landscapes across DC, MD, and VA. Through our garden care & coaching program we provide expert garden maintenance, guidance, and education in almost 150 gardens every year, helping connect people to their food and inspiring local food production and farming inside the beltway. Since our inception in 2011 we've installed over 500 gardens and our clients include residents, local restaurants, and community organizations throughout the DMV.
We are seeking full or part-time landscape installation crew members to join our team.
Installation crew members work 10 hour days, 4 days/week (Monday - Thursday) during the regular season. 5 days/week in the winter.
Installation tasks Include:
- Landscape installation - planting, edging, pruning, etc. (excluding lawn care)
- Basic carpentry: building raised beds and trellises, simple fence assembly
- Loading/driving trucks
- Hauling mulch/soil/filling wheelbarrows
- Installing drip irrigation systems
- Planting vegetables, small perennials, trees and shrubs
- Digging post-holes
- Basic stepping stone pathways (dryset only)
- The ability to lift, dig, haul and generally work hard.
- A valid driver's license and working personal vehicle required.
- Experience with carpentry
- The ability to work as part of a close knit team while following directions. Also, to work independently, take initiative, and lead as necessary.
- Attention to detail and organization.
Preferred Experience in: (not required, but strongly favored)
- Paid hourly based on experience ($16-$20/hr).
- Benefits include health and dental insurance, 401k, and paid time off.
- Opportunity for seasonal bonuses, based on performance.
- Our office/headquarters has an on-site vegetable garden for staff use.
Interested? Email a brief letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org