This position will work closely with the farm team to execute the daily operations of the farm. This includes
1. Vegetable production. Seed starting, planting, transplanting, fertilizing, post-harvest washing, and packaging.
2. Farm maintenance. Weeding, infrastructure, irrigating and bed prep, grass mowing.
3. High and low tunnels. Setting mobile tunnels, repair, maintenance, and trellising.
4. Farmers' markets and farm stand. Setting up the fruit and vegetable display and provide customer relationships on behalf of Weathered Eye Farm.
Expect the work to be physically and mentally demanding. Our farm operates in all weather, rain or shine, hot or cold. You must be prepared for the elements. This is a fast-paced and physically demanding job. Work hours will typically be 20-25 hours per week (depending on the season). You may be expected to work on either Saturday or Sunday. Willingness to work hard.
There is an opportunity to grow with our farm and we are searching for motivated candidates who are comfortable in a management role and who ideally, would like to manage a farm enterprise of their own one day.
1. Work fast, be responsible, and committed to the task at hand.
2. A good attitude and multi-tasking are also a must.
3. Work with limited supervision and independently.
4. Trustworthy and accountable.
5. Please apply if you have the ability to learn with an open mind.
1. Applicants must be 16.
2. Valid driver’s license required.
3. Prior experience working on a farm is ideal but not required.
4. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Preferred method of contact:
Email Only. You will only be considered if you submit a resume or list of experience and activities. Include references in your submission.
Job Types: Part-time, contract position. 1099 and work permit (if applicable) required
Pay: $13.00 - $20.00 per hour contingent upon experience
Schedule: TBD | 20-25 hours per week
Education: High school or equivalent preferred
Our Farm complies with current CDC recommendations. Social distancing, sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures, and masks are required while working in close proximity to others.
For more information on the farm, go to www.weatheredeyefarm.com.